Hello My Wanderlust Hearts!
Here is a review of my December 2015 Escape Monthly Box Subscription.
This month we are going to… NEW ENGLAND!
So let’s get started with the Quick Glance: I see A LOT of candy. Like a lot. That is a good and bad thing. I like candy so that’s good. But I hate to think this box is only food. But enough of guessing, let’s get to it!
1. Frommer’s EasyGuide to Boston, Cape Cod, and the Islands- Always loving these easy travel guides! This has a thumbs up! 👍🏼
2. Chocolate Bars from Dan’s Chocolates- Most of this box was filled with these chocolates. Here is my review of each of the flavors-
PB Ecstasy- The peanut butter was underwhelming. Pretty average. 👎🏼
Peppy-R-Mint- I don’t like mint chocolate. But the texture was unique. There were chunks of mint within. 👎🏼
Lot-A-Choc- Just a bar with half of it Dark Chocolate and the other milk. 👎🏼
Trail Hound- This was interesting. It had like berries or something inside. But I still wouldn’t purchase it again. 👎🏼
White Delight- I do not like white chocolate. 👎🏼
Caramel River- It didn’t LOOK like caramel and it barely tasted like it. 👎🏼
Obviously I didn’t like these. And I am a little disappointed the box was mostly filled with that. Not to mention the bad health effects that come from eating 6 chocolate bars at once. But that last one was self inflicted. Haha.
3. Nature’s Mysteries Roll on Perfume– I don’t know if you can call it perfume but it is just like essential oils mixed. Which I do like anyways. I still wouldn’t call it perfume though. Still a thumbs up!👍🏼
4. Bath Essential Natural Body Brush- How interesting! This is a dry brush that you use BEFORE THE SHOWER. To get blood flowing and softer skin. I love this idea and think it is fun to try something new. Thumbs up! 👍🏼
5. Delights of the Earth Maple Lip Balm- Maple syrup lip balm? That’s kinda awesome! It had good application! A thumbs up for me. 👍🏼
6. Plum Island Soap Co. Face Moisturizer- For particarly dry skin during the cold winter months. And it also doubles as a makeup remover. Thumbs up all around!! 👍🏼
7. True North Maple Vanilla Granola-This mix is also gluten free. This mix was very tasty and perfect to take on a hike or a walk! Thumbs up!!👍🏼
8. Lake Champlain Chocolates Rum Caramel Filled Dark Chocolate Bar- SERIOUSLY MORE CHOCOLATE? I’m am seriously going to have health issues after this box. Not too happy to see more chocolate in here. The caramel was perfectly creamy. Unfortunately I am not a huge fan of dark chocolate and this one was extremely bitter. But I still give it a thumbs up. 👍🏼
Overall: I think this box had too much chocolate. But the other stuff made up for it.